Equality Statement and Objectives
Our school, situated in the heart of Portobello Road, is a stimulating, diverse and friendly place that is dedicated to the success of our children. Our staff and governors work together to ensure our pupils make outstanding progress and attain high standards.
We have strong partnerships between our parents and community. This enables us to create a special and unique educational experience as soon as your child starts with us.
Your child will find an organised community, in a safe setting, that fosters scope for intellectual, emotional, physical, social and moral development. In our caring and intellectually stimulating environment, we always offer praise and encouragement. We have high expectations of achievement and behaviour, so that all may thrive and enjoy their days in our school.
Our equalities statement is guided and supported by the following core values:
and the following principles:
- Difference is recognised, respected and celebrated
- We are a community of learners and as such share a sense of belonging underpinned by positive can-do attitudes and relationships
- We aim to reduce and challenge barriers to equality that already exist
Our school aims to meet its obligations under the public sector equality duty by having due regard to the need to:
- Eliminate discrimination and other conduct that is prohibited by the Equality Act 2010
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
- Foster good relations across all characteristics – between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not.
Please click on the link below to read, in full, our equality information and objectives.